Search site

Coronavirus: We are following government advice and updates about any impact on our services will be added here as soon as possible:

Tree Service

Do I need consent to fell or carry out works to a tree?

The Council has its own tree team as part of its planning service, to deal with the protection of trees outside the National Park.

For land within New Forest District but outside of the National Park boundary, all matters concerning trees protected by Tree Preservation Orders (TPO), trees growing within Conservation Areas and trees affected by planning considerations should therefore be directed to the New Forest District Council's Tree Team.

 Follow this link to view our guidance on Tree Protection and Development.

adobe icon Tree Protection and Development Guidance [2Mb]

Contact:, telephone 023 8028 5345 (Option 1)

View Tree Work Applications

View Tree Preservation Orders

View Map of Tree Preservation Orders

Online applications can be made via the National Planning Portal.

National Planning Portal
Application Form
National Planning Portal Guidance Notes

Application for tree works 

Tree works - guidance notes

Follow these links for matters relating to Management of trees in Council ownership and High hedges and hedge removal.

The Planning Services Privacy Notice can be read here.

New Forest District Council Privacy Notice can be read here.

Updated: 21 May 2020
Powered by GOSS iCM